Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Out of my Mind-Winter Camp 2012

                                             We got a little creative with the picture this year.
Once again we had another amazing year at Winter Camp. Our theme this year was "Out of My Mind". Quite fitting you could say for a bunch of teenagers and the adults that accompany them. :-) All kidding aside I am so thankful for all that God did for me and for all of us up the mountain. God is good, and this definately served as a reminder of His goodness.
We did not have snow this year, but lots of rain and wind and fog. Aside from the spiritual growth that took place it was beyond words to see how closely the youth bonded. I won't lie, our group picture definately broke the awkward barrier. :-) After that it just seemed to open up a flood gate and the kids bonded. It always makes my heart happy to see that. For instance, Saturday afternoon when games were about to start we entered the gym and almost the entire group of youth were already playing a volleyball game, boys vs girls of course. :) Leaders jumped in and the fun continued. I learned a great deal from the other leaders and from the youth and I hope and pray that they learned something from me.
The hardest part of the weekend was on Sunday when we prayed for our seniors. Out of 29, 12 were seniors. This is the first graduating class in our youth group that I have been with since they were freshmen. I have been so blessed to be able to watch them grow up and mature not only and individuals, but as a group, and especially in their walks with Christ. I know God will do amazing things through each of them and I can't help but smile when I think of all of the memories I have with them.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment