Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year!

   Another year is gone and in its wake it leaves behind precious memories filled with love, family, and friends. I cannot say that I am sad to see it go, for with a new year comes renewed hope that this might be the year that life changes. What changes in life you might ask, well, if I knew the answer to that question there would be nothing to look forward to. :-)
   With the new year also comes that dreaded word "resolutions", goals we set for ourselves to get healthy, maybe call home more often, read our Bibles more, and stop whatever unhealthy habit we choose, whether it is drinking soda or passing that drive thru. Our Pastor said in yesterday mornings service that most people break their "new years resolutions" by February 14th. I must say, I was surprised that people last that long. I can speak from experience in that I am no good at keeping my own "resolutions". I learned a long time ago that unless I set my mind to do something for the right reasons I will not stick with it.So, as the new year begins I have set a goal to document each day, whether it be a little or a lot, in my journal. I want to be able to look back at the end of the year and see what amazing things God did. I know He has great plans for me and I have this hope, this energetic spirit inside of me that this will be a life altering year. As I journey throughout this year I will share my thoughts and adventures with you. My hope and prayer is that this will also be a year filled with good health, lots of love, and wonderful memories of family and friends for you. May God guide you throughout this day and this year and may you know that I am always here for you too.

Signed,
Your Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment